DUTIES OF THE HOST
Many schools throughout the country have offered to host workshops that are conducted in
their area. The duties of the host school include:
- Schedule dates for the Training Workshop or Graduate Day.
- Inform the DWP office of the number of brochures that
will be needed in your area.
- Distribute fliers once produced and/or provide the DWP
office with addresses for direct mailing.
- Provide an air conditioned room suitable for 100 people.
- Provide computer and projector for Power Point Presentation.
- Ensure there is available space to post the 15 skills, (4
Ft. x 6 Ft. area needed).
- Provide beverages and snacks for morning session and
afternoon break. Note: Ask about reimbursement for refreshments. Provide microphone
( if room requires).
- Provide map, directions to host site, and lodging
alternatives. Coordinate with DWP when site will be available for set up.
BENEFITS OF HOSTING A WORKSHOP
- Provides a greater opportunity for more teachers from
your school to attend. This would improve cohesiveness of program and maximize desired
- Gives your school community exposure.
- Provides an excellent method to network with your peers.
- Host school will receive free samples of the newest DWP materials.
- Entitles you to first right to host the workshop the following year.